[Felvtalk] QUESTION

gidget43 at aol.com gidget43 at aol.com
Sat Feb 23 07:03:26 CST 2019

Hello,  My girl is 4 years old and has had FeLV for 3 years.  We took in a kitten 3 years ago who tested negative for it.  The two were together after that and 6 months later, I found out the negative was false.  The kitten was actually a positive.  When I tested my other girl, she also had it.  Kitten has since passed after 3 years of living with it, but my other girl is still going strong.  I had her retested yesterday because you would just never know she has it.  It was still positive.  Could she be a carrier?  The vet was very pleased with the blood work as it was perfect.  He thought she may be a carrier.  Wanted to have your thoughts.  Although she is doing so well, should I be giving her something to help her?  Maybe to keep the immune system strong?  Thank you.
Nancy