[Felvtalk] Cleaning? Retesting?

Christine Dundas christinedundas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:10:37 CST 2019

My advice would be to keep FeLv and non-FeLv cats separated.  If you choose
not to, you have to understand there is a chance the non-FeLv cats could
get infected.

Having said that, when my husband brought home a kitten that tested
positive for FeLV, I had to make that choice.  We live in a small condo
with two other cats.  We decided to keep her as long as she could be with
us.  I had my two other cats vaccinated for FeLV.  They were adult cats,
healthy in every way.   There was no way I could keep everything and
everyone separated.  Our little Ruthie passed away after almost two years.
My two adult cats tested negative afterwards, a few times.  And are still
healthy and happy.  That was about four years ago.

Christine