[Felvtalk] Winstrol....

Margo toomanykitties2 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 3 05:50:47 CDT 2017

Prenisolone and prednisone are interchangeable. Most Vet's (mine is not one) believe that prednisolone is better utilized by cats, because one step of the metabolization process is eliminated. Prednisone must be processed into prednisolone in the liver beofre cats can use it.

"Why are there two versions of this catabolic steroid? First of all, if the thought of steroids and cats causes you to picture your cat gaining muscle mass and getting ripped, those performance-enhancing drugs are anabolic steroids, which build up. Catabolic steroids do the opposite; they break down. A cat’s liver processes prednisone, turning it into prednisolone. Prednisolone, then, is prescribed for cats with weak or compromised livers." (from http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/prednisone-for-cats)

And while my Vet doesn't believe it much matters, she has prescribed prednisolone for me  to have on hand, so I can do things my way...