[Felvtalk] Winstrol....

dlgegg at windstream.net dlgegg at windstream.net
Thu Nov 2 16:46:28 CDT 2017

One way to slow down the spread is to spay/neuter all strays, at least there would be less cats to spread the disease.  Of course, all cats in homes would also have to be spayed/neutered.  Once again, it comes down to owners not being responsible and dumping unwanted kittens or giving them away at Walmart to who knows what kind of person.  Around here, many puppies and kittens end up with pitbull breeders who bread for fighting.  This is bad, be cause they die a painful death full of fear and the myth is continued that pitbulls are vicious dogs.  Ever pit I have met is loving and gentle, but then their owners did not have them for fighting.  Should I ever win the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes, a lot of it will go to helping abused animals, after abused children and seniors.  Dorlis
---- ROBERT CHAPEL <bchapel at optonline.net> wrote:
> Hi Ken...
I well know the experience of lying with a cat dying of Felv until they
passed and these posts are reawakening my own sadnesss and frustration
at being able to do so little so late with my own two FelV boys.  It is
SO difficult for me to grasp the level of opposition to Winstrol on the
part of some vets...  they are surely not worried about law suits and
they have a dying cat in front of them that they have NO definitive Tx
for....why NOT try Winstrol...  It is beyond absurd...  Unless there is
some kind of worry at being fingered for prescibing minute doses of an
anabolic steroid ( go ahead...take the dose you would give to a cat and
see the AMAZING effect is has...  You'll feel nothing....  I can't help
but wonder if a lot of vets think if they wipe out the entire population
of FeLV cats that they will effectively wipe out the disease( an odd
consideration given that there will always BE a "patient Zero"...  it
has to start somewhere and likely would again...   Then again...anemia
is only one of the complications of this damnable disease ( though
admittedly the most critical...   They are driving law abiding citizens
into illegal activity trying to find alternative sources of a hard to
obtain drug in order to save their cats lives.... it's f-in insane!!!
There is no end to the irrationality one can encounter when people who
are ' supposed ' to be schooled in scientific thinking decide that ,
that which stands before them....a winstrol treated cat in recovery from
anemia must not have had FeLV or there must be an alternative
explanation for the recovery....  Everything BUT trying Winstrol on
other cats with the disease and SEEING if it works ..run you own N of 5
or 6 mini experiment and see if you get a a positive result.... It's not
as though you are using alternative medicine on a cancer patient that
MIGHT have survived had they had proven Tx...   they have NOTHING to
offer us that compares with Winstrol in the clutch ( though to date we
have only a very few cats who have survived as a result of taking
Winstrol and , to my mind, it has not established itself as the de-facto
drug for FeLV instigated anemia...but... it is certainly the most
hopeful in a field of paltry competitors.....   We all want to live with
hope, and Winstrol gives us this....  So Ken, by all means, spread the
word, pester,implore,cajole your vet into trying it....but don't be too
terribly surprised when you have to figure out how to dismantle the
brick wall you are likely to encounter..

Bob

BTW.... Amani..  are you recommending prednisone or prednisolone with
the Doxy...   many vets insist that prednisone is not useful for cats..