[Felvtalk] Little Mo

Sheri Burbridge sheri7177 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 15:47:22 CDT 2017

Thank you Bob, I appreciate your kind words, I'm so very sorry to hear that
little Jelly passed. I'm thankful that you showed him such love and that
surely outweighs the discomfort in the end.

Mo is very weak and has lost control of his bladder or lacks the energy to
try to get up to urinate. I realized when I picked him up and he was soaked
in urine that it was time to let him go.

I had the day off today so I have literally been in my bed with Mo on my
chest since 7am today. He rarely purrs but still enjoys being petted and
butting his head against my face and snuggling. He even seems to be
dreaming as he sleeps.

He's in no pain that I can tell. He is just very limp and lethargic. He
still sips water so I'll continue to give it to him. I have a few doses of
Buprenorphine left and I will give him those if he's conscious. My goal is
that he passes with me or in his spot. His life has been nothing but
shelters and clinics and needles and meds so I want to avoid that unless
he's in pain. We've moved from treatment to hospice care and I'm so lucky
to spend this time with him.

My grief comes in waves but I am at least certain that I did all I could
for him. I'm also so thankful for our happy healthy Violet. They look alike
and she has patches of his coloring. I feel like we still will have a piece
of him in her.

For now, I'm soaking in his cuddles. It will never be enough time.

Sheri