[Felvtalk] Merlin has gone to the bridge

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Mon Sep 28 11:26:30 CDT 2015

Kelley

My sadness is profound for your loss. My Zander – he of the wondrous response to Winstrol – also finally succumbed at age 7 to a very bad heart. The vet said she had never seen anything so bad, and yet there were no indications of any heart problem for the whole time. My first thought – like you – was that I must have missed something and I even blamed the Winstrol for the dilated cardiomyopathy. I went on line and searched and searched but couldn’t find a link. I suspect now that the virus distorted his heart as part of its pathology. When I read about your Merlin, that seemed to fit with the theory that the virus does this to them.

Don’t beat yourself up. I couldn’t have been closer to my Zander and my husband and I were doting parents and were constantly with him, but we saw nothing.

Whenever I lose one of my darling babies, I have to constantly remind myself that if not for me, they would have been out on the street or put down at an early age. If not for me, they wouldn’t have had days of sunshine and happiness and love and nourishment. You know that too.

Still, it doesn’t ease the pain much, I know.

Amani