[Felvtalk] pilling

Marsha martia at lynxe.com
Fri Oct 30 09:18:11 CDT 2015

Easiest one I ever had was getting prednisolone to shrink his mast cell
tumor.  I would hold up the pill, hidden between my fingers and ask him
if he wanted a treat. I would get him all excited about the treat, and
then he would just snarf it up really fast before he realized that it
was a pill.  That was before Pill Pockets.  But he didn't fall for that
trick so quickly the next time around.  I could only do it once in a while.

Most difficult one had an unbelievable talent for faking a swallow or
somehow working the pill back up and out.  I would find the pill later
on the carpet or stuck to his long-haired bib.  Finally got a mortar and
pestle, ground his meds to powder, and mixed them into a treat ball with
some malt-flavored gel that he loved.  This won't work for nasty-tasting
meds or timed-release ones that can't be ground up.

Marsha