[Felvtalk] Stanozolol (Winstrol(R))

Ardy Robertson ardyr at centurytel.net
Thu Oct 29 20:15:39 CDT 2015

They are so individual -- I had a black and white guy named Patches that
would simply allow you to put it in his mouth.....no problem. He hurt his
paw and I had to soak it several times a day in Epsom salts so I used a
Styrofoam coffee cup and put his paw in the warm solution. The first time he
pulled back a little and after that he realized I wanted him do leave it in
there, and he would sit on my lap for 20 minutes with his paw in the
cup...no problem. Tigger, on the other hand, would probably have the cup
flying around the room or something.

Tigg was quite a problem to syringe feed at first, and actually I think the
problem was me! I was afraid of hurting him, or having him aspirate the
liquid. I guess I didn't want him to be mad at me. Then my husband said
something to me that made me realize I either had to let him starve to death
or commit to doing what I felt was the best thing for him. After that I just
quickly did what I felt I had to do and it wasn't nearly as bad. I tried to
keep the meals very small and frequent rather than stuffing him. He is a
nibbler, so I tried to stick with that. On the days that we were both
working, I took him to the local vet office for care during the day, and Ron
picked him up just before they closed. That way they fed him 5 times during
the day, including a little water each time. I have found that the bigger
syringe worked better and I did it from the side of his mouth.

At the moment, he looks/feels like a brand new kitty, and has gained from
9.6 lbs. to 10.3 lbs. Our vet is beginning a 30-day count down to a retest
for the FeLV. Tigger has had lots of prayers on his behalf too. I think he
has somewhat of an idea how much he is loved :)