[Felvtalk] Merlot

Margo toomanykitties2 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 19 13:02:55 CDT 2015

My experience has been similar in a way, but much more positive. Both of my two boys get sick. Bloodwork came back normal (surprisingly), even his CBC. Turns out he had a UTI, which is really very unusual in cats with normal kidney values. He's back to normal (for him). Gribble occasionally crashes hard, but he goes right on abx or an anti=viral, depending on the symptoms.

So far (knocking madly on wood) they both bounced back from just the symptoms you describe in Merlot.

Yes. FeLV is fatal. Life is fatal. Whatever the cause and the time frame, everyone will die.

But I don't feel obligated to make _That Decision_ because a cat with FeLV stops eating and hides. There are too many ways to support them temporarily, and give them a chance, while not letting them suffer. Many times they come back.

Sometimes they don't. I go cat by cat.

Margo