[Felvtalk] Merlot

Lee moonsister22 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 18 16:48:48 CDT 2015

If they gave you Doxycyclin they suspect hemobartinela a disease of the blood spread by fleas. Are the platelets white blood cells or red? If red cell count is low then he is anemic. If his white cell count is low some infection is overwhelming his immune system.

Did they check his teeth for infection or inflamed gums or ulceration? Is he dehydrated? Did they offer subcutaneous fluids or IV hydration.

Vets tend to paste an easy label on a sick animal when they really have no idea what is going on so they treat the wrong disease with incorrect medications.

The SNAP is the same as the ELISA . Did they do any other test for FeLv? There are a number of false readings with both these tests with either false positive or false negative. Never allow testing with the triple test which includes the combo test plus the heartworm test which can screw up the result of the combo test (FIV and FeLv).