[Felvtalk] Ruthie

Christine Dundas christinedundas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:21:22 CDT 2015

Hi All -
Ruthie is about a year and half.  My husband found her on the side of the
road when she was a tiny kitten, and brought her home, since I work with a
cat adoption association.  Unfortunately, she tested positive for FeLV, and
we just decided to keep her.  She had been doing really well, but yesterday
I took her to the vet because she was lethargic and not eating.  The Vet
said her liver tests were way off and she had a fever, so they are keeping
her and treating her with fluids, antibiotics and vitamins.  I read that
FeLV cats are susceptible to liver disorders.  I guess I am wondering if
this is something she may recover from with treatment, or may this be a
downhill course.  The vet was also going to test her for liver flukes.

Thank you.

Christine