[Felvtalk] Leuk pos kittens

Katherine K. kathstix at gmail.com
Tue May 27 10:49:00 CDT 2014

Hi Amy,

I realize I am responding to a pretty old email so you are probably beyond
these questions at this point...

A snap test can detect exposure but some cats can fight it off and test
negative. I had a 3 month old kitten show up as light positive on a snap
test. We waited 4 weeks and he showed up negative on a second snap test. So
it doesn't seem unreasonable that an adult would show up as positive on
snap, and later turn negative.

If a cat or kitten is positive on snap, you can do further testing with an
IFA test. If IFA test comes back positive, the cat definitely has the
virus.