[Felvtalk] FeLV+ and now Multicentric lymphoma - need advice asap

Dianne Robison dbearwald at aol.com
Mon Jul 27 19:59:44 CDT 2020

Hello and help please.
This is our third go around with a Feluek positive and lymphoma (sad to say).
Our girl, Ginger, will be 7 years old on Wednesday and has been asymptomatic until now.  Her lymph nodes in neck and belly are enlarged ad she stopped eating about 36 hours ago.  We took her to doc today who did blood work, xray, needle biopsy of lymph node. Her organ function numbers are all still good but her Hematocrit is 20 and she was dehydrated.  We got her fluids, Cerenia and will start her on 5 mg. of prednisone twice a day and an appetitie stimulant in her ear.
Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, please!  We know time is not on our side and anything you have up your sleeve is welcome.
We've gone the feeding tube and chemo route with our first kitty with FeLV and mediastinal lymphoma and it was not good.
Thank you so much!Dianne Robison & Ginger