[Felvtalk] Help please - felv positive kitten

Mrs MCSE mrs_mcse at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 1 00:14:19 CST 2019

Hello,

We rescued a stray kitten, and he is felv positive.  He is approximately 9 months old.  He is quarantined.  His blood work is perfect.  He is not exhibiting any other felv symptoms.  We treated him for giardia, and tests show he is cured of that.  We treated him with doxycycline for 4 weeks for bartonella, and he is due to get retested for bartonella at the end of this month.  We are giving him rx zyme, rx biotic, and rx essentials in the morning, and 1/2 moducare vet in the evening.  We also are giving him organic grain free food.

Can anyone recommend a vet who specializes in felv treatment in Ventura County, CA, in Southern California, or elsewhere in California?  I called UC Davis, as we’d be willing to take our cat to Northern California, but no one has returned the calls.  Our local vet admittedly does not treat felv, and we want the best for our little cat.  From reading in this group, it seems that our vet is not on top of all of the tests and what those results mean.

Also, can anyone recommend any other treatments that we should add or change at this point?

Thank you,

Wendy