[Felvtalk] URI and FIV

Maribel Piloto pilotom at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 17 12:24:42 CDT 2018

Hi Sandy,
Very often what they have is the Herpes Virus which is VERY common in cats.   They then have flareups every once in a while which manifest as an URI.   You can add a supplement to their food called L-Lysine which will reduce the flareups and help with any current ones.  I purchase this one from Amazon which is just a white powder I sprinkle on their food...
https://www.amazon.com/Vetoquinol-Viralys-L-Lysine-Supplement-3-5oz/dp/B000FULBT4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539797038&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=vyralis+l-lysine
Maribel "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
-Mohandas Ghandi