[Felvtalk] Spice didn't make it

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Tue Aug 14 18:50:34 CDT 2018

Judith

I am so sorry. It is heartbreaking, I know. I too wish the vet community would get cracking on finding a cure for this horrible disease, but my experience is that there is very little research or interest in looking into cat health, because too many people consider them disposable and will not spend huge amounts of money on them (unlike dogs). Groups like this one are doing what we can to share our experiences to help others in the same boat, and I so wish we could have helped Spice.

But Spice was obviously so loved and she would have known that. My heart is tortured, knowing there are so many others out there who will never know the kindness and love that Spice was lucky enough to have had in her life. And yes. Please go out there and pick up a few stray kittens to tame. Ferals make excellent companions, especially if you can catch them early on. Share your wonderful home with other babies who need one.

Amani