[Felvtalk] Little Maynard-update plus Lactoferrin questions-please help

mirna m mirna.mirnocka at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 04:25:21 CDT 2018

Maynard is doing a lot better. We switched him back to Baytril which he gets orally now and everything is ok, no seizures and his overall condition started to improve-he is still coughing a bit and occasionally sneezes, but his apetite is enormous, his eyes cleared out and he wants to play now!:) His control checkup is tomorrow.

I give him Impromune (colostrum nucleotides plus shiitake extract especially designed for cats and dogs), but will later switch him to Lactoferrin.

Do you have experience with Lactoferrin and FeLV kitties and what kind?
I see everyone recommends a dose of 40mg per kg and that usually people give a dose of 125 mg 2 times a day (for bigger kitties).
Maynard is a bit over 1.5 kg. That dose would then be 60 mg a day. Divided in two doses, 30 mg in the morning and 30 mg in the evening?
Any insight on Lactoferrin and FeLV cats is much appreciated, and especially an impact on bloodwork,WBC, RBC, virus load and so on (as I have found studies on FIV but not FelV cats).

Thank you all!