[Felvtalk] Question

dlgegg at windstream.net dlgegg at windstream.net
Wed Nov 22 15:19:36 CST 2017

I have had feral and dump cats for over 40 years, including 4 FELV cats.  I have never had to wash anything when one of them passed.  None of my FELV negative cats ever contracted the disease and all have died of old age including Annie who was FELV and over 10 years.  They eat from the same bowls, sleep on the same beds.  It has to do with the age of the cts.  If your cts are under 1 year, they are more likely to contract the disease because their imune system is not as strong.

---- Theresa O'Rourke <theresa.orourke at videotron.ca> wrote:
> I have three cats, and take care of other people’s cats.
My daughter’s friend has a FeLV positive cat, can I keep her in a separate room for a week, do I have to wash all the linens and clean the room, after the cat goes back home?  It’s because I take care of other  friend’s cats also and want to know if they can catch
The disease.

Sent from my iPad