[Felvtalk] People who don't care about animals...

dlgegg at windstream.net dlgegg at windstream.net
Sat May 27 13:40:51 CDT 2017

I agree completely.  I think that these people who do this also do so unto their fellow humans.  One thing they lack is the love of God.

---- ROBERT CHAPEL <bchapel at optonline.net> wrote:

I have, obviously ( as do all of us) a very difficult time reconciling
how someone could NOT care about animals or worse... use and abuse them
for profit.   In truth... I think my anger at such people is more than a
bit beyond the pale and I worry, honestly, about getting myself in real
legal trouble should I encounter someone in the act of purposely harming
an animal.......   I try to remind myself to NOT be so self Righteous
since I had nothing to do with the caring I have for animals.... I was
simply "made" that way... it was part of me from the earliest years that
I can remember....  Had my genes been different..perhaps I'd be running
a dog fighting ring..    Beyond this, though, I feel it IS justified to
require people to at least ACT decently even if their heart does not
melt for animals....   Ok... so maybe they don't particularly care about
the miserable lives many animals ( and people) have....  I don't ask
that they _ feel_ differently but I DO expect that they will not
contribute to or exacerbate that misery....   This is MY line in the
sand and I have NO forgiveness in my heart for people who do so....
People never cease to amaze me both with their capacity for goodness and
caring and their utter lack of these same traits... how such polar
opposites can exist in the same  ( purportedly sentient) species boggles
my mind.....   It does my heart a world of good to know that all of you
are out there making life better for the little creatures that can do so
little to improve their own lot... your kindness humbles me....