[Felvtalk] Knowing the " whys" of Win/Pred/Doxy

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Wed Mar 1 20:09:05 CST 2017

Hi Bob

I am unable to attach the literature regarding the ability of Doxycycline to interfere with RNA replication and/or interfere with viral infection, but here are a few titles to look up on the Internet:

- Antiviral activity of doxycycline against vesicular stomatitis virus in vitro - FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2015

- Control of small inhibitory RNA levels and RNA interference by doxycycline induced activation of a minimal RNA polymerase III promoter - 2006 Nucleic Acids Res. 34

- Inhibitory effect of doxycycline against dengue virus replication in vitro - October 2013 Archives of Virology 159(4)

- Study of the antiviral activity of some derivatives of tetracycline and non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs towards dengue virus - August 2013 Tropical Biomedicine 30(4):1-10   (BY THE WAY - DOXYCYCLINE IS A TETRACYCLINE)

- A study of the clinical activity of a gel combining monocaprin and doxycycline: a novel treatment for herpes labialis. (2012) J Oral Path Med 41:61-67

The following paper was interesting in that it explored the role of Doxycycline in inhibiting tumour cell proliferation, angiogenesis, metastasis and migration of cancerous cells (including leukemic cells) from the bone marrow:

- Doxycycline inhibits leukemic cell migration via inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases and phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase - published Molecular Medicine Reports, September 2015 Vol. 12, Issue 3.

Amani

P.S. - By the way, Bob. The other thing that was featured in that show last night about the fight against Ebola, is that the same doctor who contracted it and was declared symptom-free, later began to develop eye problems and when they examined his eye, they found millions of the Ebola viruses in the eye. The programme explained that the eye was an area of reduced immunity in the body, and thus, the virus had found a breeding ground where it remained, though it had been cleared from the rest of the body. They therefore began treating the doctor's eye, and the treatment was ultimately successful. It brought to mind the problems Yogi had had with his eyes, and I wondered if the answer was similar - that the virus had had a toe-hold there.