[Felvtalk] Checking in.....

ROBERT CHAPEL bchapel at optonline.net
Thu Jul 20 09:28:02 CDT 2017

Things have been very quiet on the group lately...OR... I am once again
not getting group mail....
Has there been activity I've missed??
My Hospice Boy ( Gilbert) is doing quite well for the moment but ( as we
all know with such things it could change any minute...so I'll just
enjoy it while it's happening)....    Wondering if any of you have
experience with Higher dose Prednisolone administered chronically ( say
above 7.5 mg QD)...  When I agreed to Foster Gilbert it came with the
proviso that I would follow their directions ( Which I will hold to
unless I feel they are killing him unnecessarily quickly)  His Tumor
does not appear to have gotten any larger and his pain appears to be
pretty well controlled.... Just wish I knew specifically what is helping
the most so I could cut down on superfluous drugs....currently he's on
Gabapentin( .4 cc BID if pain is up.. QD if doing OK).. for pain,
prednisolone ( 10 mg QD administered via syringe dissolved in milk,
Venus Fly Trap SubQ BID ( interesting substance... bears closer
scrutiny...  supposed to have anti tumor activity) Two other "
alternative " medications which I have suspended only because the poor
boy screams bloody murder every time I have to give him something.....
with a tumor invading his oral cavity I want to keep anything PO to a
minimum....
Seems that the cats I've had that are _ supposed_ to ( clincally) die
don't and the ones that that aren't ..do
Hope everyones buddies are doing reasonably well ( as reasonably well as
FeLV Kitties can do)...  Gilbert, as I mentioned, had a traumatic brain
injury which has left him with poor balance... but lately he's been
insistent on expanding his range and even tried running this AM...
Wasn't in anything resembling a straight line but the spirit in this guy
is enough to make you weep...  Guess that's part of why I am such a fan
of animals.... they simply do what they have to and do it without
complaint  ( Sure glad they can't speak...perhaps I'd like them less if
their inner thoughts were more like ( Why ME??  I'm a more thoughtful
caring cat than Mittens over there; why did _ I_ have to get hit by a
car and THEN get cancer!!... and there's that jerk Mittens running
around all carefree and happy...where's the Justice I ask you!!!!)...
Bob
Bob