[Felvtalk] Omega 3s

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Wed Jan 11 11:43:12 CST 2017

Hi Nancy

Were your cats in anemic crisis when you put them on the supplements, or were they positive for FeLV but not in crisis? I am interested to know if your supplements turned around severe non-regenerative anemia. I am sure I am not telling you anything new when I indicate that the problem is that if a cat is severely anemic and not producing his/her own red cells (low or insufficient reticulocytes) then there is very little time to address the crisis. Moreover, as I have posted before epogen, and other erythropoietin-type mimics, act on the red cell precursors in the bone marrow, signalling to them to produce more red cells. If the precursor cells are damaged or killed by the virus, which they often are, and that is why all three cell lines (red cells, white cells and platelets) are often affected, then no amount of erythropoietin, “yelling” at a dead precursor cell, will get it to re-start red cell production. The only thing I have found that has a chance to do that is the Winstrol, coupled with the Doxycycline. The Winstrol promotes the development of bone marrow and has been found to be effective for conditions such as osteoporosis. It promotes the growth and increased density of bone.

Were you able to restart bone marrow red cell production with the supplements you are referencing? I would be very interested to hear if that is the case since we certainly need as many weapons in our arsenal as possible.

Thanks,

Amani