[Felvtalk] FW: Greetings & Bogey's Doc Visit

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Thu Jan 5 18:27:53 CST 2017

Hi Sherri

As you've said, the good news is that the liver enzymes are dropping down. The bad news is the anemia is back. I think if it were me, I would probably go back to the 1mg a day dose of Stanazolol, along with the ¼ tablet of doxy twice a day and the 5 mg of Prednisolone. I agree you could try halving the prednisolone and giving ½ tablet, twice a day, but I am not sure that is very significant.

My other concern is that the lymphocytes have jumped up quite a bit as well, which is not a good thing since that is usually the result of the FeLV virus load. I also see a significant drop in the platelets. With my cat, I found that each time I took him off the Stanazolol, I would get a nose-dive of the red cells/haematocrit/hemoglobin as is apparent in Bogey's most recent blood results. That is why I ended up deciding to ignore the high liver enzymes. However, I did not have a situation as you described, with Bogey feeling very unwell with the high liver enzymes. Zander really didn't exhibit much in the way of changes when his liver enzymes increased, but I sure saw a difference when he wasn't on the Winstrol, so I opted to keep him on the Winstrol and ignore the liver enzymes. Obviously for you, you will have to see how Bogey does both on and off the medication and play it by ear.

(By the way, I don't think the tech was right about the icteric blood. The total bilirubin was only 1.4 so I don't see how it is possible for the serum to be icteric.)

Amani

(Sorry - I ONCE AGAIN had to delete the rest of the message, since ONCE AGAIN, the message bounced.)