[Felvtalk] FeLv Positive cat

Molly Mou mollymoumoo at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 20:57:15 CST 2017

 I am new to the list. Three weeks ago my 5-year old Miakitty was diagnosed with FeLv. The ELISA test showed slightly + for FeLv. Itook her to the vet’s initially because her lymph nodes were raging – all ofthem premandibular, prescapular, inguinal all the way to the popliteals wereenlarged. A needle aspirate of the lymph nodes result was hyperplasia,no lymphosarcoma. White blood cell count was normal, but she was anemic, butnot to the point of needing a transfusion.I was devastated and stunned at this diagnosis because she(the whole litter) was tested as kittens for FIV and FeLv and were negative. Myvet said the disease can stay in the bone marrow. I have her brother who isasymptomatic – confusing. I haven’t had him tested yet for FeLv yet.My vet recommended treatment with Immunoregulin. Theprotocol per Plumb’s is an IV injection twice weekly for two weeks, then 1injection once weekly for 21 weeks. She is now in her 4th week oftreatment. For the first two weeks, her lymph nodes decreased and becamesofter. But after the 2nd week her lymph nodes are raging againdespite the treatments. She is eating well, but not very active. Has anyone had experience with this treatment or any othertreatment(s) or advice to help my little girl? Thanks in advance,  Pat Peterson