[Felvtalk] FeLV Sanctuaries..

ROBERT CHAPEL bchapel at optonline.net
Mon Feb 13 05:24:02 CST 2017

Jennifer...

You had inquired about rescues and sancuaries and I couldn't recall too
many the other day... I've added a few below.... this is hardly a
comprehensive list....  Every time you do a search different ones will
come up...  and it also depends on the search engine......

Meanwhile.... here are a couple of the places that I located along the
way.....   I can't vouch for how helpful they would be to you but...
it's a start if you care to follow up.....   Thought I also saw a note
from you ON the Merrimack River Rescue Site???...

Unfortuneately I'm going to have to give them to you my name rather than
as links because I've tried numerous times to send links and my mailers
content scanner is picking up " spam "....   I don't know which of the
sites below is regarded as spam ( I didn't get any warning about going
to any of the sites initially_ so I am flumoxed ..

The first is a place called Second chance rescue in the State of
Washington...  You'll have to google it because ( as I mentioned
above...if I format it as a URL the mail might again bounce...   Another
is _ pawsativekarmarescue... they are in texas and sound like a very
small operation.... may not still exist as last information was from
@2013

Another is the Felineleukemiacarecenter... they are based in
Minnesota.... they at least mention that they charge a surrender fee...
 Unable to say if they are of any quality or not.... ALL must be checked
out thoroughly before sending an animal to them if you want to be sure
of it's safety...

Then there is the bestfriends sanctuary in Utah.... They are a very
large operation that has been around quite a few years and provide a
home to many hundreds of animals ( per their website and other info I
have seen_ They put out a good blog and their site is also a good source
of general information...

The last two are worth checking out as well.....
 Loveandhopeforanimals ( another well funded operation in Upstate New
York and  Aslanscats also in the Northeast

http://loveandhopeforanimals.org( a well funded sanctuary in Northern
New York State...definitely worth a look if you are not too far away...

Thanks for your kindness to this little guy.... if it weren't for people
like you and our other group members a LOT more cats would be living
MUCH more difficult lives.

Have to get going.... I volunteer at my Local Shelter and try to get
there for a few hours on Sundays.....    Again.....  I'd keep the boy if
you possibly can...  maybe work out an arrangement with you local
shelter ( if they are a no kill) to help with Vet bills if he turns out
to be a sick guy ( I adopted two FeLV cats...one cost me dearly
financially as he was sick from the get go....the other guy is going to
the vet for the first time tomorrow ( apart from being looked at by the
shelter vet a few times..... I want him to have baseline bloodwork and a
good physical , fecal and his 1 year Rabies.... ( I'm still in a quandry
about doing or not doing the Rabies.... but some vet practices will not
see cats UNLESS they've been innoculated...

Best,
Bob