[Felvtalk] FIV

ROBERT CHAPEL bchapel at optonline.net
Tue Dec 26 20:48:56 CST 2017

I am again perplexed at the mail delivery for this group....  I've
gotten nothing for a few weeks and just now THIS digest of messages..ALL
of which I have received multiple times before.
Has there been other information going back and forth for the past
couple of weeks??

HOWEVER:  In relation to FIV...   it has clearly NOT been our experience
at the shelter where I volunteer that FIV is any where near as deadly as
FELV and we don't ever suggest that it is to potential adopters...
Our FIV'S range in age from 1 year to 8 yrs plus and oftentimes don't
even get the URI that runs through the entire menagerie at the beginning
of Winter.... I've been volunteering there for 4 years and have seen
only one of our FIV's die and that from the scourge of FIV's ( Feline
Infectious Peritonitis) thankfully it did not claim any others ( until
months later when a couple of FeLV residents died)... but, in general,
our FIV's have remained quite healthy....  Personally, I would be FAR
more confident of the future adopting an FIV over an FeLV Kitty
QUESTION: