[Felvtalk] hiccups

Ardy Robertson ardyr at centurytel.net
Wed Apr 19 21:16:52 CDT 2017

Hi Sheila,

Our cat Tigger (who was FeLV+) did that body quiver thing, and usually right
after eating. He did it more than our current cat - Topaz - who does not
have FeLV. Tigger would then turn around fast and try to bite his side or
back, and then he would run, as if running away from it. The vet said he had
UTI and we treated him for that - and a second vet said it was UTI but not
urinary tract infection, but rather urinary tract inflammation. They did all
kinds of tests including taking urine samples with a needle.

Topaz also does it but not as often, always after eating. The vet said she
must have fleas and sold me some of that stuff you put on the back of their
neck. Although they fine tooth combed her and could not find any fleas. I
have never seen a flea on her or in the house, and I know what they look
like and have had them in the house several years ago, and had to "bomb" the
house and dip the cat etc. So---- I never put that chemical stuff on her. I
have been trying to get her to drink more water though and she does it less
now. She prefers to drink out of the bathroom faucet which I leave running
in a tiny stream for her. (I have a fountain but she isn't interested).

I'm not convinced that any of the vets I have taken them to are correct so
if anyone else has any idea, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on
what this is too.

Thanks,

Ardy