[Felvtalk] FW: Continued Improvement for Bogey on Stanzolol

Sherri Godschalk skgodschalk61 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:53:15 CDT 2016

Thanks Amani.

I called the vets office right after I read what you wrote below and asked
again for the Doxycycline and he insisted she did not need it. I am just
going to have to hope that Bogey continues to get better on the regiment we
are on. I feel very thankful for my vet that he prescribing the Winstrol. I
hope it is enough.

Your boy Zander must have been one strong cat to recover from how sick he
was. It sounds like you really monitored him and gave him the best
treatment. Your advise and knowledge of this awful disease and the benefits
and pitfalls of trying to treat it is invaluable to all of us who are caring
for these lovely creatures.

I read this messaging board and feel so bad that cat owners who desperately
need this drug cannot get it. I believe without a doubt that as fast as
Bogey¹s counts were dropping, she would probably not still be with me today
without it. I am sure the stigma attached to it keeps a lot of vets from
prescribing it or maybe they are just uneducated about it. My other vet
wouldn¹t even discuss a transfusion as she was certain that nothing could
help us for very long. She was quite intent on me putting this cat down and
just wanted to wash her hands of us it seemed. So the stigma isn¹t just
about this treatment, it is around the disease itself. Her statement ³There
are plenty of other healthy cats that need good homes² is proof enough of
that.

How frustrating for all of us.

Thank you again for your insight.