[Felvtalk] Looking for advice

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Tue Sep 27 13:43:30 CDT 2016

Hi Elizabeth

Only you can say what is right for your little guy. However, I personally would try the Winstrol and see what response you get with that. You already had a better response with the Doxycycline, so there is still some hope. Absolutely steel yourself though, because it is quite likely that your vet will start pushing for euthanasia if that hasn’t already been suggested. We’ve all had to deal with that pressure from the vets, on this chatline. Resist taking him off the doxycycline and get him on the Winstrol if at all possible. Winstrol has the potential of a quick effect, so you won’t have to wait weeks and weeks to see if there is a positive effect, especially if you draw bloodwork before he starts on the Winstrol. You can often see some quick changes in the haematology profile.

Giving him another transfusion will also give some time for different things to work, but again, if you aren’t seeing a discernable boost from the Interferon alone, don’t put all your eggs in that basket. Keep him on it if you like, but try to get the vet to give you the Winstrol as well.

Amani