[Felvtalk] non regenerative anaemia

Anna Summers anna at amproductionslocations.com
Sat Sep 17 04:27:23 CDT 2016

from the people in this group they have seen winstol help - try it …. it might help her … I lost my girl last year ,  I asked the vet to get me winstol but  by the time they found out about it , it was too late for mine.  Its such a horrible virus … hopefully one day there will be more treatments ,sending lots of purrs from us in Spain .
> On 16 Sep 2016, at 19:33, dlgegg at windstream.net wrote:
>
> I have no experience with this as I have had no need for it, but others have had very good luck.  I will add you both to my prayer list
> ---- Lorelli <lorelli.hilliard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> My cat Sherpa is 18months old and Felv+.  10 days ago she was diagnosed with
>> severe non regenerative anaemia.  Haemocrit 12.7%.  She has been trying
>> hard, eating well and even hunting moths but went downhill 2 days ago. I was
>> all set to euthanase her today when I stumbled across the comments on
>> Winstrol.  My vet was willing to try something similar as she couldn't get
>> Winstrol in the UK.  She injected her with Laurabolin today.
>>

>> Did the Winstrol help cats with non regenerative anaemia?  Are there any
>> helpful articles on it out there?
>>

>> Also how long should I give it before I decide if it is working or not?  I
>> don't want to prolong her suffering.
>>

>> She is still alert and trying to live but off her food now.  Vet has given
>> her Mirtazapine that may help that.  She is also on Veraflox for suspected
>> mycoplasma infection and Loxicom for fever.
>>
>> Any advice out there please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Lorelli

Anna Summers