[Felvtalk] uveitis

ROBERT CHAPEL bchapel at optonline.net
Fri May 27 22:31:14 CDT 2016

Wonder if anyone has has any success with treating Uveitis in FeLV
cats.....  I've had my 10 mo. old guy to two different Vets...One
prescribed tribple ABX with Corticosteroid which had no appreciable
effect.... the other vet counseled against using Cortisones due to the
risk of Corneal Ulcers.... Without treatment my guy is now losing his
vision...he has blood in the Anterior Chamber in both eyes and Lens
clouding in the right eye.....  It is getting VERY troubling when I get
different opinions about something so important....  I'm having rather a
difficult time sitting by and letting my guy go blind..... The
Literature all points to Corticosteroid Drops as the first line
treatment....  but this is for the disease as it affects so called "
normal " cats.....    Which is the lesser of evils with Cortisone Tx in
this case......??

Currently following Amani's suggestion from a while ago and rinsing his
eyes a few times a day with Contact Lens Solution to keep them from
Gunking up.... but.....  He IS losing and none of the vets appear at all
inclined to do further testing.....   Again....  it's like they are
saying " Oh isn't it nice that you want to save this sweet FeLV Kitty
but, really, don't try TOO hard"....

Bob
Warwick NY