[Felvtalk] Cats with FelV

Rachel Dagner rdagner at novahrc.com
Fri May 20 07:33:05 CDT 2016

I can tell you this is my first cat with Felv. They say with the vaccine it is becoming less common, sure doesn't feel that way does it?  Guinness world records recently announced the oldest living cat "Scooter" was 30 but he sadly passed away a few days after getting the title. The oldest recorded cat "Cream Puff" lived to be 38! I read they are doing some promising research on cats with FIP. I just hope it goes somewhere, and that they find something more promising for Felv someday. There is not nearly enough funding for kitty research. But they did find a human cure for hepatitis c which shows they can really do some amazing things, unfortunately research comes at a high price, it is like $100,000 for the medication and insurance is not covering it yet, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Wouldn't it be cheaper to cure it than treat it over the long haul? It is three weeks worth of pills and like a 96% cure rate. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone