[Felvtalk] Tiffany

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Sat May 14 12:49:17 CDT 2016

Hi Lorrie

I totally agree with you. I too have seen people who will spend lavishly on their own animals but wouldn't cross the street to help a homeless stray. But Lorrie, I think those people are the minority. I think that once an animal comes into your life and opens up your heart, it allows you to care a lot more for the animals around you and be more empathetic about the plight of animals other than your own.

As I said in my earlier post, given the depths people will descend to, I would never put it past some unscrupulous clinics to abuse donor cats for blood transfusions, but I believe that most vets are pretty ethical people and most animal owners are animal lovers so I would think that any abuses are in the minority. I think it makes excellent sense to keep your concerns in mind though Lorrie, and to ask a lot of questions to ensure that donor cats are well cared for at any clinic where blood transfusions are offered. As I mentioned, up here in Canada - even though I live close to Toronto which is pretty much the "centre of the universe" in Canada - there are extremely few clinics where blood transfusion is even offered, and most are these ER clinics where they charge you $100 just for the privilege of sitting in their waiting area!

Amani