[Felvtalk] Tiffany

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Thu May 12 12:05:35 CDT 2016

Roxanne

You may be new to this chatline, and so I will bore the rest of the participants by repeating that my advice is that you immediately put Tiffany on Winstrol (Stanazolol). It is an anabolic steroid. It helps to turn back on the bone marrow to produce red cells, and eventually, white cells and platelets. The dose is 2 mg a day to start until you get a good response (haematocrit back over 20 - sounds like Tiffany must be down below 10 as my Zander was when he got blood transfusions). Once over 2 mg a day, you can if you want, drop it down to 1 mg a day until back within reference ranges for red cells, haematocrit, white cells, platelets, etc.

In addition to the Winstrol, I recommend prednisone, Doxycycline and Metoclompromide.

My Zander lived another 6 years after his "crash" caused by Feline Leukemia. He also received blood transfusions and was on an oxygen tent.

I don't want to bore everyone else by repeating this advice in any more detail, but I am happy to go into further details if you want. Be forewarned that the Winstrol is hard to get, your vets will not have heard of it or if they have, they will argue with you about providing it, they need to obtain it from a compounding pharmacy, and expect that they will tell you that it will cause liver damage. The liver enzymes may well rise but they generally drop right back down again after the Winstrol is discontinued, and for all the cats I have used it on, I have never seen signs of liver damage.

Amani