[Felvtalk] What happens to our cats when we are gone

Rachel Dagner rdagner at novahrc.com
Thu Jun 16 15:28:11 CDT 2016

Well hopefully you will be around for a long time to come, I think you
said you are not adding anymore to your to home brood, which is good
because it will be less to handle for family when you someday, way, way in
the future "check out". It sounds like your sanctuary will be the best
place for them, if there are a few that can't adjust maybe a family member
can either help those or find them a good home. Are you going to leave the
sanctuary to the woman who lives there or your kids? You could maybe even
leave the sanctuary to an established WV rescue, that way they could keep
your legacy of saving lives going even after you are gone. If you are
feeling tired and it is too much for you, you could start transferring
some of the ones from home you think would do ok at the sanctuary, instead
of adding any new outside ones when one is adopted or passes away. After
all it's not like they are gone, they are just living in a different house
and you can visit them whenever you want, while not overwhelming yourself
with too much work at home.