[Felvtalk] Tucker and Kittens...

ROBERT CHAPEL bchapel at optonline.net
Sat Jun 11 13:15:33 CDT 2016

Rachel:
While I would like, of course, to see more people take the animals that
are harder to place, you are hardly to be critiqued for giving a needy
animal(s) a home.....   I wouldn't take Kittens at my age ( 64) simply
because there is a good chance that I would not outlive them ( with
current health concerns) and I don't have anyone to leave them with when
I go...  It KILLS me when I see animals that lived in a home for most of
their lives brought to our shelter at age 14 or older because the owner
passed away or became too infirm to take care of them any more.  Worse
still when someone finds out ,after having the animal 10 years that they
are " allergic " ( but I won't start on that one)....  Enjoy
them....they add such energy to a household!!
My one 9 month old still acts as though he is 6 weeks old and I VERY
much wish he weighed the same today....He'd wreck the place if I didn't
keep an eye on him constantly....

Bob