[Felvtalk] different types of Felv

Rachel Dagner rdagner at novahrc.com
Thu Jun 9 14:04:35 CDT 2016

Everyone has a choice in how they chose to proceed with their indoor FELV
cats. I never said I was anti vaccine, I said I personally would not have
given Tucker more vaccines if I had known then what I know now. He started
having infections after he got them and our world went downhill from there,
his immune system was already compromised and I wish I would not have added
the extra stress to it. My choice. I said I am very concerned about the
rabies vaccine for my tiny, older (inside and/or never out of my sight) dog
since she has always had very bad reactions to them and now has a large
lump on her side that will not go away, I am looking into my options, and
will weigh them very carefully to decide what I feel comfortable with. My
choice. Since we now know that there are several people on this list who
along with their vets, might not choose to vaccinate their sick or elderly
animals, and for obviously concerning reasons, I would hope you are not
using the term anti-vaxxers to refer to myself or to them? In the event
anyone is interested, I found an integrative vet in Tampa and it is a hike
for me but she does not do vaccines all at once, she spaces them out,
writes exemptions for pets that have had serious adverse reactions, or have
serious illnesses where their heath could be compromised by vaccines, and
will do the titer with one T test, for your piece of mind that your pet
still has enough antibodies for protection, the test is not recognized as a
replacement for the shot at least where I live, but at least it is
something for me whether they recognize it or not. It would be nice to have
her examine Daizy and talk with me about my options for rabies and see how
she feels about giving them again when it is time. She also gives something
called Lyssin 30c that she gives at the same time as the rabies vaccine to
try to protect against the adverse side effects it can have. When I get a
new kitty I will give her the vaccines that I think she needs which will be
very few for an inside cat, and I will do it in the safest way it can
possibly be done. I will give her the 3 year rabies as required, if she
becomes ill for whatever reason and her immune system is compromised, or
she has a serious reaction, I will weigh my options carefully again. And I
will pray she is not one that develops cancer from it. And I will continue
to hope that they discover that they can stretch it beyond 3 years, and
that maybe like they discovered with the every year scenario that it wasn’t
really necessary.