[Felvtalk] different types of Felv

Rachel Dagner rdagner at novahrc.com
Wed Jun 8 15:15:35 CDT 2016

I agree completely, laws can cause some problems in my reasoning on this
subject, I think I know what I would choose for an inside FELV kitty
though, and it seems as if at least Lorrie’s vet agrees as he will not do
them on her FELV cats for a reason. And it seems as if a vet agreed that an
animal’s immune system was compromised and couldn’t handle more
vaccinations, without serious complications or death, that that should come
into play in the stupid laws we have. Sorry, but I am upset about my dogs
reactions, and do not want to put her through more rabies vaccines, she has
had it 8 times, enough is enough. Tucker started having horrible UTIs after
his vaccines, not one problem before that, coincidence? Maybe. And I read
they give my 5lb Chihuahua the same amount of vaccine they give a St
Bernard? Something seems wrong there! It might have already caused her
irreversible harm. My nephew was bit by a dog in Texas and they didn’t have
rabies shots, the dog was quarantined and then sent home. I am surprised
they still do testing the other way if you can quarantine an animal?
Anyways for anyone with a FELV cat who doesn’t want to skip rabies I agree
the others should be skipped or at least closely looked at for the need for
them for an inside cat, and I think this should be suggested by this group
as people come here for help, it could be the difference between life and
death for their cat, getting a ton of vaccines could be just the ticket to
sending the functioning system into FELV hell. And if they get the rabies
vaccine because they are scared not to because of laws or the chance of a
scratch or bite from their cat, who without a doubt does not have rabies, I
would say focus extra hard on pumping up the immune system at least a few
weeks before and a few weeks after, to give them the best chance, and then
pray. I hope someday they go from the 3 year shot to the 5 year shot or
better yet to one or two shots in the animals entire life. After all do we
get the vaccines we received as children year after year after year for the
same exact things, and if we did would we get them all in one fell swoop in
one office visit? No. Rabies is such a extremely rare thing these days, and
has been for a very long time, it is sad we are forced into killing our
animal family members with this overused vaccine. There has to be a better
way. The number of cats I heard of having injection site sarcoma or however
the heck you spell it on cancer sites is sad beyond belief, it is
unnecessarily taken animals lives and caused suffering for not only them
but for their humans as well. Ok rant over. Sorry but it really upsets me.
Amani can we please file a lawsuit against someone? I think what we have
here is a case of wrongful death to so many animals we couldn’t even count
them.