[Felvtalk] regarding: Raltegravir for Felv

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Wed Jun 8 14:42:24 CDT 2016

Realissa,,

You can just do your own research on line. It is helpful to know the science behind it, and I have now found some articles online. This is a drug used in AIDS patients, and because the AIDS virus and FeLV are so similar, this is why they are looking to use it for FeLV. I have attached two scientific papers, but there are more. I only had time to find these two – from credible sources – to share for now.

I tried to attach them, but the annoying bounce back happened. (REALLY – please pay attention folks who host this group! This is very very time-consuming to always get these boucebacks and my attachments WEREN’T that large – 157 KB and 98 KB.)

Anyhow  - the titles of the articles, if anyone wants to look them up yourselves, are:

Discovery of Drugs that Possess Activity Against Feline Leukemia Virus – Journal of General Virology (2012), 93, 900-905 and

Evaluation of the effect of short term treatment with the integrase inhibitor raltegravir (lsentress) on the course of progressive feline leukemia virus infection – Vet. Microbiol. 2015 Feb 25; 175(2-4)

Amani