[Felvtalk] both of my cats are FELV positive. What to do now?

Realissa Dekraunti realissadekraunti at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 19:51:23 CDT 2016

Hi everybody. Thank you for accepting me in this group.  I am just too
devastated to think straight. I rescued two cats in October and I found out
two days ago that they are both Felv positive. We did an Elisa test on
Thursday, and it came back positive, and an IFA that confirmed the positive
results. I live in LA and I don't know what to do, where to go, if there is
alternative medicine. I love these two cats more than I could ever imagine
and it is breaking my heart. Any input, help, direction you could give me,
would be incredibly appreciated. They are FIV negative but FELV positive. I
have heard there is a medicine called LTCI but that it is very expensive. I
am also heard of Virbagen Omega, L Lysin, Interfone. There is so much info
that I am overwhelmed.

to add some information.

 Date of birth: May 7, 2015
ELISA "snap" test at Animal Wellness Center: June 25, 2015 (age: 7 weeks).
Results: weak positive for FeLV
IFA confirming test at Animal Wellness Center: June 30, 2015 (age: 7 weeks,
5 days). Results: negative
ELISA "snap" test at Animal Wellness Center: August 1, 2015 (age: 12 weeks,
2 days). Results: weak positive for FeLV
ELISA in-lab test at Animal Wellness Center (sent to IDEXX): August 13,
2015 (age: 14 weeks). Results: negative

June 1, 2016 ELISA test both came positive

June 2, 2016 IFA both came Felv positive FIV negative

Thanks a lot