[Felvtalk] Can we help this woman.....

ROBERT CHAPEL bchapel at optonline.net
Wed Jun 1 19:12:10 CDT 2016

Having a hard time ( as usual) getting this all straight in the digest
form....ie... where this woman and her cats actually stand at the
moment....but...

I would suggest, as a possibility,  ( and I can only remember 2
instances when I have made this suggestion) that she have herself
admitted to the local hospital and tell them she has NO where to go upon
discharge....though should not admit this up front.     The last 11 yrs
of my life I worked as a Hospital ER and Inpatient Social Worker  and
Hospitals ( at least in NYS) are not allowed to discharge patients who
are homeless and in need of medical services post discharge....  This
will put a discharge planner on the case who will assist with finding a
place for her to live.....  Admittedly...   it will not be the perfect
arrangement but might buy her some time and will definitely be better
than nothing.....     I could say with assurance if she lived in NYS
that this would BE a good answer.... SC could well be different....
If I could speak with her directly I would know better if this could be
an answer for her  ( are her animals all still with her at this
point??)
I have time I could devote to this but precious little extra money....
my own cats are eating up my expendable income....

I cannot tell you how many times I was severely scammed by people doing
this simply TO get housing..... bout time the secret was out for someone
who deserves the assistance ( legitimate decent people seldom DO this
intentionally)....      Just a suggestion....     I'm also wondering if
she has home health services??  Health Insurance??  Likely has state
Medicaid given her situation and the Section 8 approval.....   She NEEDS
state Social Services involved