[Felvtalk] messages

Marsha martia at lynxe.com
Thu Jul 7 11:13:18 CDT 2016

The last of my three FeLV+ cats died at the end of April, and the last
of six cats that died of cancer in 2.5 years died in May.  For the first
time in 15 months, I am not caring for a critically ill or terminally
ill cat.  Recuperating a little now.  But not too much.  Need to find a
new job to get caught up due to all the veterinary expenses that
depleted my savings.  I still have 10 cats to care for, all FeLV
negative.  In the last half of June, I worked on cleaning and
reorganizing the garage - my FeLV+ shelter for nearly 7 years.  I found
over a dozen jingle balls that Harley had batted around until they were
under something where he couldn't get at them anymore.  And other "toys"
he found, like 2 steel spikes that were something like 10" long that he
had pulled out of a parts bin and batted or carried across the garage
until they ended up under a rack where he couldn't get them.  The
biggest pain was the massive stash of shredded fanfold housewrap
insulation I found.  I knew he had been clawing at it, but didn't
realize how big a pile of pieces there were until I got behind some
items that were leaning against the wall.  Static electricity made the
pieces stick to my gloves, and I couldn't put them in the garbage bag!
Had to take off the gloves, but it was still a bit tedious.  He sure
made a lot of work for me, but I still love and miss him (he passed on
May 15 last year).

Marsha
Rest in Peace Milkdud, Harley, and Brock.  I will always love you guys.