[Felvtalk] help /advice - testing age of kittens

Lorrie felinerescue at frontier.com
Mon Jan 25 08:59:11 CST 2016

Hi Anna,  I rescue and have many cats. Testing them at 3 or 4 months
old is usually a good time to see if they are positive or negative.
I have lost many positive kittens who were born with the virus which
they contracted from their mother. However some can throw off the
virus. If your kitten who is approximately 4 months old had a
positive mother he could still be positive, but he may have an strong
immune system and be fine. With younger kittens I always test twice
once at about 8 weeks and again at around 4 months to be sure of the
status.  Please let us know how this kitten is?  Hopefully he will
test negative.

Lorrie