[Felvtalk] Coco sneezing blood

Lee Evans moonsister22 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 23 18:46:09 CST 2016

If you are living in a cold and dry area with central heating, sneezing blood, especially red, fresh looking blood in no great quantity, would not be unusual. That type of heat really dries out the mucous membrane on animals and humans.I always get blood when I blow my nose. This is a Winter thing even in relatively warm South Texas. If she is eating, drinking, pooping and all the rest of the things that healthy cats do, then it's probably a result of the heat, especially if she does not have a fever or any signs of other distress.I would get a vaporizer to add moisture to the air and see if that helps. The eye crusts are most likely oxidized tears. Some cats get that more than others, especially white cats who show it more. I usually wet a cotton ball and wipe it off gently.

Also, sneezing is a good sign. You don't want a cat stuffed up and wheezing, unable to smell her food. Better out than in. However, if the vet thinks it's something more serious than dry air, you should follow whatever instructions he gives. Antibiotics are hard on the liver of a health compromised cat.