[Felvtalk] Brock the Miracle Kitty

Marsha martia at lynxe.com
Wed Jan 20 13:52:49 CST 2016

We just came back from FeLV+ Brock's cardiology appointment.  He was
diagnosed with restrictive cardiomyopathy and CHF 9 months ago, with an
average survival time being 2-6 months.  I was expecting that fluid
would be drawn off, because it's been 2.5 months since last time, and
1.5 months ago, an X-ray showed fluid was starting to build up.  Not
only did Brock have NO pleural effusion (what was there 1.5 months ago
was GONE), but, the dilated ventricle/atrium had returned to a normal
size!!  And his blood pressure is ideal at 128!  He still has a murmur,
and thickened heart walls, but close enough for me to call it a
miracle!  His Lasix is being reduced from 3x a day to 2x a day.  Checkup
in 4 months unless he develops respiratory issues (increased rate or
effort).

Marsha