[Felvtalk] cat fountains

Lorrie felinerescue at frontier.com
Tue Jan 12 11:44:12 CST 2016

I have three fountains and the cats do drink lots more water this
way, however the fountains have to be maintainenced, often and it's
kind of a nuisance to clean them and change the filters etc.

.
Dry food really isn't good for cats and can cause cystitis or UTIs.
It's very convenient for us, but not the best thing to feed cats. I
don't leave food down (free feed) because I have one cat who has
urinary problems. I give my 14 cats canned food in 14 bowls every day
LOL, and I put water on their dry food when they get that. They don't
seem to mind, and they drink up the water then eat their portion of
dry food.  This way I am sure they get enough water. I have to watch
them tho, as three of them are pigs and they try to steal each others
food. I couldn't do this if I was still working, but I'm home all day
now and I can portion out the food according to the weight of each
cat.

Lorrie