[Felvtalk] yogi

bchapel at optonline.net bchapel at optonline.net
Mon Dec 26 19:49:25 CST 2016

Margo:
My best understanding leaves me with the impression that any erythropoietin analogs or substitutes would be of rather limited utility since they do not stimulate the formation of the progenitor cells needed to produce new rbcs.  If an anemia is " non regenerative(as yogis is said to be though I still haven't gotten my hands on the blood report thanks to the holidayss) all you ca do is keep putting " air in the tires( as it were) because the leak itself cannot be repaired. That is both expensive, uncomfortable for the animal and ultimately doomed to failure
That is why there is all the excitement about winstrol ( and anabolic sreroidsin general) as they often have the effect of stimulating formation of new progenitor cells and putting the RBC factory back on line  this while the doxy does its best to stop the virus from commandeeringthese new cells and infecting them with viral RNA this is my take from what Amani has written on the topic so helpfully
What I don't know is if EPO or Dario and the like are as helpful as   Say.   A transfusion( I'm figuring not as it's far less expensive than an infusion of packed RBCs because it depends on their being at least SOME progenitor cells left to provid the machinery to make some new rbcs
Really I wish this weren't so but I believe thi is the case

Bob