[Felvtalk] Re. Nutrition

ROBERT CHAPEL bchapel at optonline.net
Thu Dec 22 01:23:32 CST 2016

Sherri
I wouldn't be worrying so much about her having the "perfect" diet so
much as seeing that she eats _ something_ whatever it is.    It will be
harder on her liver to NOT eat than to process kibble ( rule of thumb
for me is that many generations of ferals ( and people!!) have managed
to survive on less than optimal diets..worry less ...experiment more.
 I've fed my little guy every thing from cracker crumbs to mouse pieces
to keep his weight up...... If he'll eat... he gets it..... my _ go to_
usual is puréed meat baby food laced with powdered temptations
treats...... when he won't eat that I know I have a problem and I have
to supplement with syringe.   This little guy has been ill from the time
he was born and it doesn't look as though it is EVER going to let
up...... Fever and lethargy and losing weight again despite good
appetite
So more blood work tomorrow that I can ill afford.  If I ever take home
another felv it will have to be a foster