[Felvtalk] Food and Nutrition for FELV

Sherri Godschalk skgodschalk61 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 05:44:06 CST 2016

Good morning everyone. I have kind of a general question here for you all.
I am walking a tight rope here for my FELV + Bogey as far as to what to feed
her. She is hungry and is eating but now we are facing some rising liver
enzymes so I think I need to do more than just get her to eat .

She is not a big wet food eater. She will eat some each day, and normally
just Fancy Feast and just a bit of it. If her whole diet was that, she would
starve. I can get her to take a couple of tablespoons a day of Hills AD and
ID but I have to hand feed it. She likes kibble. Anymore I am not sure what
brand is a good nutritional cat food. I have learned that kibble is much
harder for their body to break down, thus stressing their liver but I have
got to keep her eating because of the liver and jaundice issues I am dealing
with. (she is dealing with)

So I am curious what you feed your cat and if you use any supplements. Also,
if a kibble is watered down and pureed, is it easier for them to digest? I
started adding Hills Sensitive Stomach Egg and Rice and she likes it and is
supposedly easier for them to digest. But is it a good food?

Thanks for your opinions.

Sherri