[Felvtalk] Bogey - Is this hepatic lipidosis - concerns

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Sat Dec 17 15:50:15 CST 2016

Sherri

High levels of jaundice (bilirubin) can cause brain damage and hearing loss (ear damage) if left untreated for too long, but I think you were on top of things pretty quickly with Bogey. I think the effects will fade with time. Do not be too concerned. Every other parameter looks very good. And yes, it could also be that the electrolytes like potassium are still a bit off, but that too will correct on its own with food and fluid intake. Remember also that whatever initially caused the jaundice, if it was indeed some sort of additive to the salmon, may still be having an effect. Again, with everything else looking so good, it will wash out eventually. There may be some residual effect, and I am actually wondering if it is ear damage (because with damage to the ears, this can effect equilibrium and cause vertigo). It may not resolve completely but I would expect some further improvement.

Just keep up your excellent babying skills.

Amani